- Top 8 Best Eye Masks For Sleeping Reviews in 2020
- 10 Fun Facts About Sleep You Didn’t Know
- Electronic Devices And Sleep
- Ordinary Non-Medical Treatments for Snoring
- Symptoms of Sleep Apnea
- How to Diagnose OSA?
- Treating Sleep Apnea
In the world, people mostly consider snoring is a form of sleep apnea, while medical science differs the both terms and explains each separately. However, the snoring is a habit of people giving a loud voice when they are sleeping.
While, sleep apnea is a specific sleeping disorder in which the sleepers usually feel little pauses or obstacle sin breathing when they are fast asleep. However, the doctors and asthma specialists have discovered that severe snoring will cause the sleep apnea in future. So, the treatment of snoring will definitely a measure to prevent happening the sleep apnea. Many health experts say that further stages of snoring will lead Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA).
In many cases, the snoring and OSA will also be similar in happening, treatments and the effects to human health. However, the medical consultants and physicians emphasize to pay special attention when the snoring becomes complex and as a result of it the patients suffer from obstructive sleep apnea that is surely a life-threatening state.
So, it needs much attention and the best treatment that can overcome this permanently. When the OSA is not properly diagnosed, then the suffering people may experience high blood pressure, heart attack, decreased libido, stroke, breathing problems, heartbeat issues and some chronic heart diseases etc.
Ordinary Non-Medical Treatments for Snoring
There are many ordinary as well as non-medical curing methods that can quickly treat the snoring as well as the sleep apnea. However, all of these methods play a key part to maintain the physical health of people when they are sleeping. Basically, these non medical or ordinary treatments can be applied with as well as without the help of doctors. But, all of these are more useful and medically beneficial for the people having snoring. Some of these treatments are
- The first treatment is the weight loss and burning fats that will help people to overcome snoring in fast asleep. It is said that weight loss up to 10 pound will be enough useful to reduce snoring
- You will experience the snoring when you sleep at back. So, this may cause continuous snoring, but sleeping in sides will reduce the snoring possibilities
- Everyone should avoid the intake of caffeine, alcohol and heavy meal, because all these will keep sleepers snoring. However, if you avoid taking all these things at least 2 hours before the bedtime, then good results will be gained
- Further, you should avoid sedatives that may also cause severe snoring
- Radio Frequency is the other suggested treatment for reducing snoring in which doctors use radio waves through Soft Palates to reduce the throat tissues or tongue space. This will create more space inside the throat and airway becomes easy and free of the obstruction
- Laser assisted Uvuloplasty is another surgical treatment that obviously is used to remove the airway obstruction and the tissues. It is a best way to cure snoring and this treatment is also extremely useful in America
Symptoms of Sleep Apnea
Sleep Apnea includes a number of symptoms that will definitely confirm whether you have been caught in OSA or still not. Some of the more common symptoms of Sleep Apnea are
- Continuous snoring with the breath obstruction
- Drowsiness in daytime
- Gasping in sleep
- Lack of focus
- Airway crowding
- Chances of memory loss
- Chest pain in night
- Severe depression
- Libido reduction
- Neck enlargement
- Regular visits of bathroom in night
- Weight gaining
- Headache in morning
- Restless sleep
- High blood pressure
- Brain disturbance
- Feeling more anger etc.
How to Diagnose OSA?
By going through all possible and more common symptoms, it is very easy now to diagnose Obstructive Sleep Apnea in people. Usually, when you feel any of the above symptoms, then you should have a visit and complete checkup by your doctor. Secondly, pauses or shortage of breathes will confirm whether you have OSA or not
Treating Sleep Apnea
Obstructive Sleep Apnea might of three types based on the stages; mild, moderate and severe. Mild will be the initial stage of OSA, while moderate will refer to the center of this sleeping disorder. However, severe OSA will warn you about many of further diseases and infections in which heart attack, stroke and high blood pressure are general. Following is the best way to reduce snore and then OSA over the time
The best thing against snoring and OSA you can do, is the behavior modification that is a sum of all non-medical treatments to reduce snoring and breathing issues in sleep. In this procedure, all of the above ordinary treatments lie and you can avoid experiencing snoring and mild OSA during fast asleep
Treatment of Sleep Apnea by Surgery
Although surgical treatment is considered a fastest, best and most useful for the OSA patients. But, you should keep in mind that this treatment method is not 100% successful and as per requirements, because the neck, throat and nose of everyone are different from others. So, the doctors and surgeons always experience problems to make the surgical treatment viable and successful for every patient.
1. Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty or UPPP
It is a very special surgical method that is suggested and applied to those OSA patients who are unable to tolerate C-PAP. This procedure usually reduces the edge of soft palate and clears the throat by removing every obstruction.
2. Hyoid Suspension
Hyoid bone is U-shaped in the neck with some of the muscles and tissues. When the OSA happens, then it means there is some blockage or obstruction with the U-shaped bone. Secondly, this surgical method protects hyoid bone to the thyroid as well as the airway inside the throat.
3. Genioglossus Advancement
GGA is another effective surgical treatment that is associated with broadening the upper air passage. It also decreases degree of tongue replacement inside the mouth and creates more space for the throat to do good breathe during the sleep.
4. Maxillomandibular Advancement
MMA is a unique surgical methodology that will involve the movement of jaws and front tissues of the tongue forward. This technique always keeps the throat clear by reducing soft tissues and palates easily, while the obstruction is also controlled by this surgical treatment.
Talk with Specialist or Doctor
Undoubtedly, Sleep Apnea exists in three states including mild, moderate and severe. However, the effects to health of all these states are risky and serious. The patients of OSA mostly are unaware of the threats and chronic effects, because they consider it a usual sleeping disorder.
Every patient must move back to health professionals and doctors to discuss sleep apnea in detail and find the best solution to overcome it as soon as possible. However, the non-medical treatments will be the basic measures to reduce snoring and then OSA. When you have severe OSA, then definitely you must ask your doctor for comprehensive treatments to recover from this sleeping disorder that may further cause a number of serious diseases.